How our primary school operates
Direction: M. Blaise Fenart
► OUR CLASSES
Bilingual educational section
- 2 bilingual « Moyenne Section de maternelle » classes – Reception
- 2 bilingual « Grande Section de maternelle » classes – Year 1
- 2 bilingual C.P classes– Year 2
- 2 bilingual « CE1 » classes – Year 3
- 2 bilingual « CE2 » classes – Year 4
- 2 bilingual « CM1 » classes – Year 5
- 2 bilingual « CM2 » - Year 6
French educational section
- 1 Reception Year class (Moyenne section MS)
- 1 double level Reception/Year1 class (MS/GS)
- 1 Year 1 class (Grande section)
- 2 Year 2 classes (CP)
- 2 Year 3 classes (CE1)
- 2 Year 4 classes (CE2)
- 2 Year 5 classes (CM1)
- 2 Year 6 classes (CM2)
The curriculum as defined by the French Ministry for Education is accessible online at: http:www.education.gouv.fr
► BILINGUAL SECTION
A bilingual section was created at the start of the September 2010 school year. At the beginning of every school year, 2 classes are added. Each class comprises 28 pupils:
14 of them come from Holy Cross School (an English school), and the other 14 are enrolled by the Lycée. Pupils benefit from an education in French and in English, thanks to two teachers, one French, the other English, who work in close partnership according to a specially adapted calendar which is separate from the French one and applies a curriculum that is specific to the school. For further information, download the following information brochure : Presentation on Marie d’Orliac’s bilingual section.
For further information, visit the bilingual classes’ website: www.fulhambilingue.org.uk
► THE TEACHING OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN THE FRENCH SECTION
Four teachers are responsible of the teaching of this subject at Marie d’Orliac Primary School.
- From Reception to Year 3: 3 hours of English per week.
- From Year 4 to Year 6: 3 hours of English+ 1 hour of DNL per week (D.N.L. = Non Linguistic Discipline, for instance History or Geography in English).
► SCHOOL HOURS, ENTRANCE AND EXIT
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:30 to 3:20 (3:10 for Reception)
Wednesday: 8:30 to 1:00 (or 11:30 for pupils who do not eat lunch at school)
8:15 to8.25am: opening of the gate, 8:30: beginning of lessons
Parents enter via the blue maternelle gate, and drop their children off in the playground, as they are not allowed into the building. The pupils are then guided to the classrooms by school staff.
Years 3 and 4:
gates open at 8.20 and classes begin at 8.30am. Pupils enter on their own through their assigned gate and wait for their teachers in the playground.
A breakfast club service (garderie) is in place and is run by 'ateliers de Fulham' (fee paying). Sign up online for 'ateliers de fulham'
At 3:10pm in Reception (11:30 or 1:00 on Wednesdays), 3:20 for Years 3 and 4(11:30am or 1:00pm on Wednesdays).
parents wait for their children behind the assigned line. Reception Year pupils must imperatively be accompanied and collected only by the persons named by parents on the authorisation form (see document on the right hand side).
Years 3 and 4:
parents enter the building and wait for their children behind the yellow exit line in the playground.
► SCHOOL MEALS
They are mandatory, everyday, for all pupils. On Wednesdays, parents can opt out of the school meal but the 5 day fee will still apply. School meals: online Menus
► SCHOOL RULES
You must be aware of the school rules and abide by them (see document opposite). They compel us to decline all requests for early departures or late arrivals during the school day, on Fridays or for the holidays. No exceptions to the principle of mandatory schooling will be granted. Only reasons pertaining to health issues or family events will be accepted. Any absence on the child’s part will be your responsibility. Also, no school work(homework, lessons, photocopies, etc...) will be provided in advance by the teacher to compensate for a situation of pre-planned and voluntary absence.
In case of absence or late arrival:
- Notify School Office as soon as possible, preferably by telephone or by e-mail: Mrs Virginie Kenneally Miles: 020 7736 5863, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Always inform the teacher as soon as possible (in writing the contact book or via the teacher’s e-mail address).
- The gate will be closed at 8:30am. If late, you must wait until 8:45 before requesting a late admission (please be civil enough to refrain from ringing the bell between 8:30 and 8:45). In this case, parents are required to accompany their child to School Office. They are not to enter the classroom. All adults who access the premises must leave School Office afterwards.
► EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
The association called “The Fulham Workshops” organises extra-curricular activities every evening and Wednesday afternoons. http://www.lesateliersdefulham.co.uk/
► FOR FURTHER INFORMATION