HOW THE SOUTH KENSINGTON PRIMARY SCHOOL OPERATES
The South Kensington Primary School is located in the Victor Hugo building of the Lycée Français Charles de Gaulle site. Mrs Isabelle Marlinge is the Headteacher. The school encompasses pupils from Reception (MS) to Year 6 (CM2), who follow the French curriculum with an additional English language programme (3 or 4 hours per week depending on the age of the child).
The school is very close to South Kensington tube station and many bus routes, which facilitate access for families.
► Our 21 classes for the academic year 2016-2017
Entry is determined by the child’s age. As in France, this means 1st January to 31st December (and not 1st September to 31st August as in the British system)
- 1 x Moyenne Section - MS (children born in the calendar year 2012)
- 1 x Grande Section - GS (children born in the calendar year 2011)
- 3 x Cours Préparatoire - CP (children born in the calendar year 2010)
- 4 x Cours Elémentaire 1ère année – CE1 (children born in the calendar year 2009)
- 4 x Cours Elémentaire 2ème année – CE2 (children born in the calendar year 2008)
- 4 x Cours Moyen 1ère année – CM1 (children born in the calendar year 2007)
- 4 x Cours Moyen 2ème année – CM2 (children born in the calendar year 2006)
All pupils receive an education which conforms to the curriculum as devised by the French Ministry for Education. This can be consulted online at: http://www.education.gouv.fr.
► The school day: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (morning only), Thursday, Friday
Pupils enter the premises from 8.30am to 8.55am
Pupils leave the premises from 3.30pm to 3.40pm depending on the year group and 1pm on Wednesdays after the canteen.
► School meals: All pupils are expected to eat in the school canteen every day.
- MS, GS and CP: 3rd floor canteen (Victor Hugo building)
- CE1, CE2, CM1 and CM2: main canteen (Molière building)
► Before-school supervision: Before-school supervision (a chargeable service of £180 per year) will welcome pupils onto the school premises from 8am onwards.
► After-school activities: Every evening after classes (3.45pm to 5pm) and on Wednesday afternoons (1pm to 4pm), the LOISIRS A L’ECOLE after-school club welcomes pupils and organises numerous workshops which are coordinated by teachers or educational staff. You can find all relevant information including enrolment conditions for each term of the school year at: www.loisirsalecole.org.uk
► School rules:
The rules are updated at the first School Board Meeting of the year. Please read these thoroughly.
► All visitors must go first to the main Reception at 35 Cromwell Road and wear the identification badge given.
You can read more detailed information by clicking on this link: Fonctionnement de l’école primaire