INTRODUCING OUR SCHOOL
The Lycée français Charles de Gaulle of London is composed of a main site (located in South Kensington) and 3 primary school annexes:
- The “historical center” of the Lycée français Charles de Gaulle is located in South Kensington. It comprises a Primary School (from Year 1 to Year 6), a secondary school as well as the British section. This is also where the Head Teacher’s office and the school administration are based.
- The Wix Primary School (Years 1 to 6) is located in Clapham (south of the River Thames) and boasts a bilingual section.
- The André Malraux Primary School (Years 1 to 6) is based in Ealing, West London.
- The Marie d’Orliac Primary School (Years 1 to 6) is in Fulham, and offers a bilingual section.
The school is run by the Headmaster, Mr Olivier Rauch, who is assisted by 3 deputy Head Teachers: Mrs Gaelle Barféty, Mr Christophe Guérard and Mr Kelvin Zane (Head of the British Section).
A cosmopolitan Lycée
The Lycée français Charles de Gaulle currently has over 4000 pupils of which 82% are French nationals, 9% British Nationals and the remaining 9% are of 48 different nationalities.
A successful Lycée
Our school was rated 15th on the 2007 Financial Times list of the top 1000 schools for results at national A-Level exams (British section). In 2013, the British section was rated among the Top 50 British schools : See more at : locrating.com
A Lycée that is open to the world
- Cultural school trips in England and overseas,
- Regular conferences and debates hosted within the school,
- Numerous extracurricular activies: choir, secondary school instruments orchestra, the Human Rights club, Justice au coeur a charity riaising funds for various humanitarian causes, a sports club and tournaments, annual Talent and Fashion shows, activities for younger pupils, etc.
A dynamic Lycée
Several associations are active within our school: